Tuesday 22 April 2014

Sandwich and a view, Koulla's Sandwiches ...with your dog

Koulla's Sandwiches Cantina
We just had a short break in West Cyprus. Just the 3 of us. It was wonderful, and I'm looking forward to posting about the apartment we stayed in, the lovely hikes we went on, the beaches....

But for now, I've decided to tell you about a sandwich place we found. Because this wasn't just any old sandwich place. I think this is one of the best places to sit with a beer (and a sandwich) and enjoy the view that we have found, so far, in Cyprus.

View from Koulla's Sandwiches
I mean, look at this place!

This is Koulla's Sandwiches, just outside the village of Pomos in the West of Cyprus (on Facebook here).

I loved this place because it was perfectly simple; just a kind of 'burger van', with a couple of shady tables, a more sheltered space for the winter, bathroom, just what you need for a quick stop along the road. But, on the other hand,  perched high up on top of a beautiful patch of unspoilt coast, on a quiet part of the road with a back drop of mountains, it had just what you need to happily pass the hours with a beer or two.

Another reason I liked this place was that we had just tried to go to a beach bar a bit further on, towards Latchi, and been put off by prominent 'No Dogs' signs pinned up by the entrance. Of course I understand that not everybody is as dog-obsessed as I am, and some people don't want dogs inside bars and restaurants, but I don't see the problem on an outside patio in a low-key beach bar... 


Anyway. I was pleased to be able to sit somewhere beautiful, with my girl, and enjoy being near the sea and on holiday.   


Koulla's Sandwiches, as you might have guessed, serves a range of sandwiches, with fillings like halloumi, egg, chicken etc. They are large, filling, and cost less than 5€.




No comments:

Post a Comment